Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Barcelona 2 : Electric Booglaoo

So I have just arrived in Madrid after taking the AVE ( high speed train) and I´m thinking maybe Rick Scott should reconsider the whole thing. But thats a different story for a different blog.

In my infinite wisdom I managed to leave behind my cable to download my pictures to my comp so until I get that there will be no pictures. Its a tragedy I know.

So Barcelona. I admit that I was hesitant to come back thinking that Id see the city in different eyes, losing the memories and magic that had capitvated me during my first stay. I was delighted to find out that the city was just as good the second time. On the aerobus from the El Prat into the center city, driving down the gran via de les corts catalanes, everything started coming back and I realised that I was home.

I also thought that I would have had  trouble adjusting to the omni present Catalan signs but it was even easier than last time.Luckily there were no demonstrations like at the end of the last trip.

Our meetings with the government officials and univeristy professors went really well and our professor planted the seeds for an exchange program so hopefully that´ll start up soon.

I know I´m not exactly being specific but we were there from saturday to wednesday and the days just started to blur. I did however had my favorite beer, Voll Damm. Maybe more than one but thats neither here nor there. I went to my favorite chinese place, Wok to Walk and just basically restraced my steps. The last night was a lot of fun as I took our group to the Dow Jones bar, which is works like a stock market. As you buy more of one kind of drink the price goes up. So you have to keep switching it up and eventually the market crashes and the prices goes down anywhere from 30 to 50%. I recommend the Hand of God shot, which is not for the feint of heart. My nose  is still hurting from that one. We did meet up with some scots who are going to be in Prague at the same time we are so going to see if we can meet up.
So yeah thats pretty much whats been going on. Hopefully I´ll be able to write with more frequency.

Adeu,
Alan

2 comments:

  1. Voll damm!! Dow Jones! haha so many memories.haha the signs, the smells.. walking thru the streets!


    And when you call Barcelona your home, I feel the exact same way.
    I am so excited for you. soak it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Wok to Walk!!!! I'm so jealous! Keep on having fun!

    http://worldtag.us

    ReplyDelete